Based on Experience and Technical Skills
Maintenance – Technician
To be responsible, under the direction of the Apartment Manager or Supervisor, for the overall maintenance of the physical property, and all areas related to the day-to-day maintenance of the community. Essential duties & responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform light maintenance on all appliances.
- Perform basic electrical repairs, plumbing work, drywall repairs, and carpentry work.
- Assist in custodial work & grounds work.
- Make readies of apartments prior to resident occupancy.
- Keep accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, work orders, and inventories.
- Assist with annual inspections, and perform periodic exterior inspections.
- Basic HVAC, troubleshooting, filter changes, etc.
- 7) Participate in emergency stand-by schedule for evening, weekend & holiday coverage.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education & experience. Training in some or all of the areas is a plus: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, refurbishing, cleaning, a/c, & appliance repair preferred but not required.
- Ability to read & interpret documents, basic math ability & reasoning ability. Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.
Environment & Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional and collaborative maintenance environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. This role routinely uses standard maintenance equipment such as augers, some small power tools, hand tools, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), test equipment (i.e., voltage meter, and any other tool required to perform maintenance repairs and task adequately
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 100 pounds, climb ladders, reach over his/her head, open cabinets, doors, windows and bend or stand as necessary. Ability to work in disagreeable outside conditions for a minimal period of time on a daily basis.