Based on Experience and Technical Skills
To be responsible, under the direction of the Managing Agent or Supervisor, for the overall bookkeeping functions of the administrative office. Essential duties & responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Accounts payable
- Billing of fees, reimbursements, and payroll to properties
- Maintain the general ledger and necessary subsidiary ledgers for all property accounting records
- Tenant receivable reconciliations
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Monthly financial reporting
- Periodic cash analysis
- Prepare financial records for audit and assist auditors as necessary
- Preparation of annual IRS Forms 1099-MISC and other necessary tax forms
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to interact smoothly with the President and workers, and perform day-to-day operations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Accounting Degree, CPA preferred.
- Minimum 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education & experience. Training in some or all of these areas a plus: Onesite, HUD portal specifically the Real Estate Assessment Center, HUD Handbook 4350.1, Enterprise Income Verification (EIV), SAVE System.
- Professionalism; good organization; good communication and interpersonal skills as well as being detail-oriented.
- Ability to read & interpret documents.
- Requires typing, 10 key, and computer proficiency skills.
- Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.
Environment & Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional and collaborative office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 60 pounds, open cabinets, doors, and windows, and bend or stand as necessary. Ability to work in disagreeable outside conditions for a minimal period of time on a daily basis.